A quickie post about seeing The Mighty Boosh live last night, in the jotter’s format of choice: the bullet point
- There was less overall structure to this show compared to the last tour – lots of sketches in the first half, with a musical-y thing about the end of the world in the second.
- Most of the references to the series were from the third season, and included Harrison as a talk show host (at the end of which Bollo gets his revenge), the Crack Fox, and that annoying Hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo woman.
- A few months ago, the Honey Monster was accused of ripping off the Boosh’s signature crimp style. Tonight the cast got their revenge, with a little help from Jean-Claude Jacquetie.
- The Kings of Leon were made fun of more than a few times, and Naboo became a gangster rapper.
- The Moon was less annoying than usual. Bob Fossil was not.
- Towards the end, the whole thing descended into a music concert, which was a great climactic end to the evening.
Not better than, not worse than, just different to last time.