Whenever people berate the quality of posts on Facebook (usually people I’m not connected to on here myself), claiming that they’re all internet memes and “I ate pasta for tea today – LOL”, I can’t help but assume that everyone they know is retarded.
Today, the front page of my news feed includes:
- music videos
- discussions on voting in the USA, female body image, and international habits
- articles on Gerhard Richter, the use of former/latter, and the coalition
- reviews of restaurants, stockings, and films
- posts in French, German, Arabic and Russian
- debates on the ethical responsibilities/controversies surrounding Slutwalk and PETA
- event announcements
- discount vouchers
- two people posting photos of their children (and this is what the “hide” function is for)
If your boring friends are ruining your social media experience, it’s your own fault.